Project Description

There is a large number of South Africans living and working offshore – the interesting work, good pay and high quality of life are all key attractions beyond other factors back at home.

One thing you’ll need to look into if you are from South Africa and seeking employment in the Caribbean is a UK or US travel visa.

This is useful to ensure you have the right permission to pass through those countries on indirect flights from SA to the Island.

Be aware that – like your passport – your travel visa will need to be valid for a minimum of 45 days beyond your work permit’s expiry date.

The Consular Sections of the US Consulates General in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town are responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period.

Click to learn more about Non-Immigrant Visas for travelling to/from the US:

And click below to learn more about UK visas:

Note that, whilst your new employer will assist you with getting your work permit/visa to reside on the Island, it is your responsibility to make sure you can get there i.e. obtain the relevant travel visa as above if needed.

If you’re a qualified accountant, actuary or lawyer who is interested in working offshore, visit our jobs portal to see the latest vacancies. Our site includes a downloadable All You Need to Know guide which will tell you all you need to know about living and working offshore.