With no corporate income tax or foreign exchange restrictions, first-rate corporate infrastructure supporting their international business sectors, and being located just a short flight from the East Coast, the Caribbean/Bermuda region is an ideal place to set up a company and conduct international business.
Working in partnership with international clients – such as financial institutions, investment funds, high net worth individuals and others worldwide – specialist corporate services providers located in these jurisdictions provide a range of corporate administration, secretarial, trust, and company management services.
They can incorporate and administer a company directly or through their partners in strategic locations including Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands or virtually any other jurisdiction worldwide.
Corporate secretarial and administrative services offering typically include:
- Maintaining the minute book of the company including constitutional documents, regulatory licences & certificates, shareholder and Board meeting minutes, resolutions, proxies and notices
- Maintaining the Register of Shareholders and Register of Directors and Officers
- Providing the Registered Office together with a boardroom and other support facilities for meetings
- Initiating annual filings, payment of annual government fees and facilitating compliance with general statutory requirements
- Maintaining originals and/or copies of all material agreements entered into by the company
- Facilitating compliance with any reporting requirements in respect of Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing in accordance with local law
- Preparing all requisite standard proxies, notices, share transfers, agendas and minutes with respect to Board of Directors, Committee and Shareholder Meetings each year and undertaking of all other statutory duties including the holding of Annual General Meetings
- Preparing Certificates of Incumbency, certified resolutions and Secretarial Certificates of constitutional documents
- Bermuda / Cayman / BVI resident directors, trustee and nominee services
- Providing a Company Secretary to attend any physical or telephonic Board, Committee or Shareholder meetings in order to record and prepare minutes
- Assisting with setting up local and overseas bank accounts
- Advising on good corporate governance practices
If you work in Corporate Services and interested in going offshore, visit our jobs portal to see the latest vacancies. Our site includes a downloadable All You Need to Know guide which will tell you all you need to know about living and working offshore.